Monday, March 26, 2012

Item-Level Security for Reports

Hello,

Can somebody explain the process for implementing Item-Level security for reports? My requirement is as follows:

I have some reports pertaining to a specific department, where in I deployed them to a specific folder on Reporting Services. Now I need to give exclusive read access to those reports for the users in that department. They should not be able to create any folders / new reports etc.

The steps I have followed:

1. Deployed the reports from VS 2005 to a specific folder called "TheirReports" and in this I placed the Data source also as a seperate folder.

2. I clicked on Site Settings in Report Manager and then clicked on Configure Item-Level role definitions.

3. Clicked on New Role and gave a name as ReportsBrowser and checked the options --> "View Data sources / View folders / View reports / View resources"

4. Now I went back to the specific folder and clicked on Properties -> Security -> New Role Assignment.

5. Added the necessary users binding them to ReportsBroser role.

When I'm checking from the user machine, they are able to create new folders etc.

Appreciate your ideas.

Thanks

Nobody has dealt so far with Item-Level security for reports.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment