Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Iteration in SQL

I have an application that needs to create invoices on a daily basis to multiple clients based on orders shipped that day. This is easy to do on the front-end. But how can I do this on the back end in SQL Server.

I want to sort orders by Client ID and put all orders belonging to one customer on one invoice. When customer id changes, I change the Invoice ID. Is this possible in SQL?

Xcog

Asked and answered in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming newsgroup.
|||

Yes it is possible, install AdventureWorks in you development box in Enterprise manager click on stored procedures and you can get close to what you need. I would also check Northwind database but it was for mail order while AdventureWorks is for Ecommerce. Hope this helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=487C9C23-2356-436E-94A8-2BFB66F0ABDC&displaylang=en

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment