Friday, March 30, 2012

I've broken my SQL Server 2K - Please help

HI,
Having spent some time playing around with replication across the net, I
decided to start from scratch with some hints and tips on other sites BUT I
started to remove the replication in the wrong order and it now wont allow me
to disable replication.
The message I get is;
error 3724 cannot drop procedure dbo.sp_selxxxx because its being used for
replication
Any ideas?
Thanks
Pls try using sp_removedbreplication to get rid of any remaining system
objects.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
|||Hi Paul,
I put that SP into the Analyzer and the same message still appears!
What now!
Thanks
TIM
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> Pls try using sp_removedbreplication to get rid of any remaining system
> objects.
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>
>
|||Hi Paul,
Dont worry, have sorted it now.
Thanks for that.
TIM
Also just one other question.....
When I set up the distibutor/publisher on the main server I then setup a
subscriber PUSH to my other server. Do I need to setup a PULL/PUSH on the
subscriber as well or just that one well alone.
Thanks
""confused"" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Paul,
> I put that SP into the Analyzer and the same message still appears!
> What now!
> Thanks
> TIM
> "Paul Ibison" wrote:
|||Did you get the same message when running the proc or after running it and
when trying to delete the proc? Presumably the proc is in the same database?
Anyway, please try dropping them from Query analyser directly:
drop procedure dbo.[sp_sel_EE1F8F95DC214CA5ED44BBA96EA645E7_pal]
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment