Monday, February 20, 2012

ISS Scan Vulnerabilities

I want to remove vulnerabilities that show up after doing an ISS scan on my
SQL Server box. When one loads SQL a user is created tht has Act as System
Privilege, Replace Process Token Privilege, and also Lock Memory Privilege.
I realize the user in this case is not a ordinary user, but I must argue tha
t I need to keep this user in the system even though it does appear on our r
eport as a vulnearabililty. Or I can get rid of this user if I do not need
him, maybe it purpose was
just for the installation of SQL. I am a beginner, and know little about S
QL.
Does anyone know the impact or reason SQL creates this user, and how I shoul
d respond to the request to remove this user because its a security threat.
Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.These permissions are granted via Enterprise Manager.
283811 HOW TO: Change the SQL Server or SQL Server Agent Service Account
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283811
For Best Practices see the following technet article.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...chnet/prodtechn
ol/sql/maintain/security/sp3sec/default.asp
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment