Friday, February 24, 2012

Issue in setting up the database Mirrioring environment for SQL Server 2005.

Environment:SQL Server 2005 Enterprise in Win2k3 Enterprise on 32(x86) bit machine

I am able to enable the Trace Flag 1400 using DBCC TRACEON (1400) GO. Only then we can able to configure for the ENDPOINTS.

I successfully configured the ENDPOINTS for both the principal server and Mirror server .And then when I started the START MIRRORING.

I got the error message. Please find the Message below.

An error occured while starting mirroring.

additional Information:
:..>Alter failed for Database 'KQDB', (Microsoft SqlServer.Smo)

:..>An exception occured while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch
[Microsoft SqlServer.Connection.info]

:..>Database mirroring Transport is disabled in the endpoint configuration.
[Microsft SQL Server,Error: 1486]

If anyone have a solution on how to setup a database mirroring environment.Please send.

You must start up the sql service with trace flag 1400. It is not enough to use DBCC TRACE ON.

Thanks,

Mark

|||I've been encountering the same issue. I've set the trace flag on startup, and still have no luck.
I've gone through every step in the online help, verified that BOTH server instances are listening (the pids corresponds to the ports) and I cannot shake this message:

"Database Mirroring Transport is disabled in the endpoint configuration."

The error comes following the command:

alter database AdventureWorks SET PARTNER = 'TCP://10.0.25.72:5022'
go

It does not seem to matter what port I enter, and it doesn't matter what the IP address is. I've tried this on both the Mirror and on the Primary (ie - in every order).

The mirroring endpoints seem be created properly. I've explored all steps in the msdn "Troubleshooting Database Mirroring Setup" document, checking the various system tables for status, etc. but it is to no avail.

I disabled the 'VIA' protocol in the Configuartion Manager, one of the hints I found from the various newsgroups i've browsed.

I am trying to mirror (without a witness) between two instances on the same server. I am well aware that this is not supported, but I need to kick the tires in a testing playground.

Is this a common problem? The lack of postings with this issue indicate that it may not be, but honestly, i'm stymied.

If anyone has encountered and solved this, please respond, and hopefully it will help others as well.

Cheers,

brentj

|||Can you just please tell use how to start the sql service with trace flag 1400.|||

chanmm wrote:

Can you just please tell use how to start the sql service with trace flag 1400.

You don't need the trace flag if you install SP1 which has now released.

Otherwise if SP1 isn't yet an option (which it really should be if you want to use db mirroring), you can add -T1400 as a startup parameter via the SQL Configuration Manager, properties of the SQL Server service -> advanced tab ->Startup Parameters.

it's not particularly well indexed or cross-referenced but BOL has details here :

ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/udb9/html/c82d19e5-5557-4235-9a70-37983607a1fd.htm

thx, Simon.

|||I'm wondering if the thread started for this post resolved this issue? I have set Trace Flag 1400 "-T1400;..." in startup configuration options, rebooted and restarted servers and still not able to mirror. Also given the error "Database Mirroring Transport is disabled."

Anyone figure this out? Next I install SQL 2005 SP1.|||To update on my experience:
I installed SP1 and interestingly it even strips the Trace Flag 1400 out of the startup options for you so you don't leave that remnant of a failed Mirroring Attempt - good work guys!

I got an asynchronous mirror working after installing SQL 2005 SP1 but have not fully tested it.|||Sample is there in the updated SQL BOL docs. No gotchas except the fact that security configuration is the MOST critical. If you get that done, the rest is a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment