Monday, February 20, 2012

Issue accessing RS from a VB.NET app using HTML

At or around December 16th, 2005 the RS Server began having "Internal
issues". In my VB.net application, when someone wants to run a report
they simply click on a button, choose their parameters for the report,
then generate the report by clicking on another button. This sends the
HTML to the RS Server (same box) with the parameters in a query string.
This process worked flawlessly from June until mid December.
My guess is that a Microsoft update tightened security and
inadvertently stopped my app and RS from talking to each other. I can
run the reports from Report Manager, but I can no longer send requests
via HTML.
ADDITIONALLY (different issue?), internal to my company we've had an
issue from December 16th or there about where subscriptions just
stopped sending RS reports out. Anyone have any ideas' Thanks.The error message I received is below:
Reporting Services Error
----
An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError)
Get Online Help
?
----
Microsoft Reporting Services|||what version of RS are you using? If its the eval version it expires
after a certain time period and I think you get this error in this
case, I have had it on my machine once or twice.
If you go to the RS server manager it should tell you if it has expired|||Not an evaluation edition problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment