Friday, February 24, 2012

Issue when exporting to Excel

Hello

I have created a SRS report which I export to Excel.
I have noticed that Excel has added additional columns and the data appears to be overlapping. (link to screenshot below).

When I attempt to create a pivot table from this data, I receive the error:
"The pivot table name is not valid. To create a pivot table report, you must
use data that is organized as a list with labelled columns. If you are changing the name of a pivot table field, you must type a new name for the field.

What have I done wrong?

http://www.adlibsoftware.com/KATHY/excel_output.bmp

I think the problem is related to merged cells.

When exporting, the Excel renderer tries to recreate the report visually as closely as possible. To arrange the various bits of your reports it often needs to merge cells.

I've been battling with this for a while and haven't found a foolproof way of dealing with it. Try to align and size your heading so that it lines up with the table cells. That should minize the amount of cell merging it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment