Friday, February 24, 2012

Issue installing SQL 2000 Enterprise

I need some help, I am attempting to install SQL 2k Enterprise and nothing is happening. When I attempt to start the installation again, I get a message of "Another instance is already running."

Can anyone help me with this? I need to have this installed tonight for work I need to do tomorrow.

Thanks

the error message says that Setp/Autorun is already running. What is the OS on this box. You need to have server version to install Enterprise Edition of SQL Server. If the os is not Server version(windows 2000 server/2003/NT) you can only install Client tool

Madhu

|||

I faced this type of issue before because the installation was aborted in the middle abnormally. And when i started it again it said another instance is already running. But after restarting the server it was thru.

Not sure if that is the same case with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment