Friday, February 24, 2012

Issue Resolved

Hello,

I have installed SQL Server 2005 Express edition but can not 'launch' or 'invoke' the application. When I look under ' SQL Server Configuratin Manager' there are 2 files, SQL Server and SQL Server Browser which the status of both is 'Running'. I do not see any other files or icons to launch the application. Can anyone tell me what other steps I need to take or install to run the application and start working with it?

Thank you.

SQL Server is a 'backend' database server. There is no user application to 'launch' or 'invoke'.

However, I suspect from the nature of your posting, that you are wanting a way to interact with the data server. You can download a free copy of SQL Server Management Studio Express from here. And a tutorial about how to use it is available here.

Here are some additional resources that may be helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/default.mspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/default.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/learning/default.aspx

|||

Thank you for your response, Arnie.

The links you provided are actually the links where I downloaded SQL 2005. Let me simplify my question: How can I query a file using SQL 2005 in Windows environment?

Thanks.

|||

I guess I don't understand what you are asking.

To retreive data from SQL Server, you MUST have a client application.

Client applications include

SQL Server Management Studio

SQLCmd.exe

Custom Applications

Pruchased Applications

|||

If you are online, let's get on the messenger for a few minutes to discuss this.

Thanks

|||

Time differences may not allow that.

Try to describe your situation, and what you are atttempting to accomplish.

(Also, Use the [Reply] button on this post INSTEAD of starting a new thread.)

|||

Thank you for gettin back to me Arnie. The issue is resolved now. I had to download one more file in order to proceed.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment