Friday, February 24, 2012

Issue selecting two rows from two columns

I'm trying to select two rows from two columns and while I can select the columns, the selection of multiple rows is not falling into place. I can pull one row into the report, but not two.

This is what I'm writing

SELECT name, number FROM table
WHERE name="variable1',''variable2'

Something is occurring around the , between variable1 and variable2. I know I doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. I can pull variable1 by itself just fine.

The specific error is:
sql: errorYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 'variable2' at line 2
number: 1064

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching and could not find an answer to this problem.Found the answer

SELECT name, number FROM table
WHERE name IN('var1', 'var2', 'var3')|||SELECT name, number FROM table
WHERE name in('variable1','variable2')

No comments:

Post a Comment